Theme Preview Rss

Is it that Obvious?

My secret is out. B.'s gram might not believe that I'm 7 1/2 months along, but the strange lady at Subway does. Here's the story:

I was standing in line, chatting with a coworker about how nothing sounded good for lunch and how I didn't want to drive anywhere when the lady next to me asked how far along I was.

That threw me for a loop. I'm pretty sure I looked at my belly before answering. She replied that this is how it's going to be for the next two months. I think she meant the laziness, but I was so confused by her knowledge of my 'condition' that I didn't really process her comment.

Does this mean people are going to start touching my belly now?

4 comments:

B. said...

I hope not that is just weird!

Kelly said...

I think/hope that word has gotten out. Very few strangers came up to touch my belly. I think only one or two...which is awkward and weird. Now people who know you...that's a different story!

Shaun said...

Only old people touched my belly. It was weird, but I humored them cause they're old and they think it's ok. Little kids also touched my belly. That was cute though. Friends usually asked, but family was a different story. My mom used to rub my belly all the time. I am so NOT looking forward to that again. OH, If I see you...I WILL touch your belly ;)

Wendy said...

I had no belly touches. At least, not from strangers. Thank goodness!! The innappropriate touching came after the girls were born. Going out was a nightmare, everyone wanting to coo at them and touch them. I'll never forget it the time a woman at the fleamarket came up to the stroller and took Arlene's pacifier out of her mouth. That crossed the line for me and I think she was scared of me after my reaction.

I'll have to make Baby Stark a "Look but don't TOUCH!" onsie!