Theme Preview Rss

Where Does the Time Go?

I had my 24-week appointment Friday. Nothing exciting to report. The heartbeat sounds 'perfect'. I need to get a flu shot. I signed up for birthing class (more on that later). The one highlight was when my doctor seemed a little freaked out that I was 6 months along. He looked at my chart and said, 'Oh!' Of course, I thought something was wrong, but then he segued into 'Where does the time go?', 'Are you really six months along already?'.

Here's some advice doctor-man. I'm already a little freaked out about how quickly this is going. I don't need to hear it from you. And I doubt your other patients do either. So next time, keep your surprise to yourself ... unless you want me to start listing all the things I've got to do in the next 108 days. (Not that I'm counting.)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

not to freak you out more...more to prepare you. the end seemed long to me. the last 8 weeks felt as long as first 8 months. i think it's all the anticipation and excitment. don't worry about the list. it will get done. and it will all work out fine. but here's the scary part, if you think it's going fast now, just wait. holy crap. i look at mine and think...no friggin' way those are my kids. i've got little tiny babies. it goes FAST.

Angie said...

I have to agree with Kelly on this one. Keep a journal and write EVERYTHING down b/c you will forget. It goes by THAT fast!