Theme Preview Rss

Water Aerobics Kicks My A**

Just to clarify, I said 'water aerobics kicks my a**' not 'kicks a**' as in 'rocks' or 'is awesome'.

When I got in the car after my first official Moms in Motion lesson last night and made this statement, B. said he was glad. I thought that was a jerky thing to say until I realized he thought I said, 'water aerobics kicks a**'. I don't want to get hung up on verbiage here, but I want to make sure my point is getting across!

We started with about 30 minutes of cardio, started to cool down with about 10 minutes of strength exercises and ended with about 10 minutes of stretching. I never ventured out of the level 1 moves, but still I was ready to quit after 15 minutes. Water aerobics is either an amazing workout or I am ridiculously out of shape.

I'm feeling OK today, except for some sore calves, so I'm hoping I'll get the hang of it. Because, really, when else does it not matter how you look in a swimsuit?

2 comments:

B. said...

I did think that she meant "it was Da BOMB!"

Angie said...

You know....A long time ago, I took a regular water aerobics class b/c I thought it was going to be easy. I was so wrong! Did you know you could break a sweat in the pool? :)