Theme Preview Rss

Picture This

B. and I, well, mostly I, decided that we're having maternity photos done. The thought never crossed my mind until a coworker asked me if I was doing it. It took me awhile to come around, but her enthusiasm was contagious.

She's convinced me that pregnancy is beautiful (although I doubt I'm going to be feeling 'beautiful' come photo time), so here I sit, getting ideas to take to a local photographer.


I've learned that some maternity photos are absolutely gorgeous (and not work-appropriate!) and that being the picture freak I am, I really need to do this (even though having my senior pictures taken was enough to make me break out in hives).

Did you have maternity photos taken? Have any T-town recommendations?
Will my reservations (about baring skin, etc.) go away once I'm in the studio?

P.S. Don't know if it's readable, but the tag on this woman's belly says, 'Gift from God.' Love it.

2 comments:

Angie said...

You know...I LOVED being pregnant. Although, I can honestly tell you that I in no way ever felt beautiful enough to have a normal picture taken. I think there is only 2 pictures of me pregnant during my first pregnancy and maybe 3 of me from my second. I gained way too much weight with my first. I had swollen legs and feet, not too much to cause medical concern but enough that I had to go up a size in my shoe. (Going from size 11 to 12 was not fun. Thank goodness the swelling went away and so did my need for bigger shoes.) Then there was the blotchy red spots I was getting on my face. Oh, and the itchy skin. For some strange reason my skin was awfully itchy. So, photos….maybe if I was more comfortable in the skin I’m in. Maybe. Well, good luck with your endeavor.

P.S. TAG! You're it! Copy and paste the link below to see what I'm talking about. If you don't want to do it...that's okay.

http://spyroufamily.blogs.com/spyrou_family/2008/09/tag-i-guess-im-it-oh-joy.html

Sarah said...

Take a look at the links on my blog. I've got links to (I think) 4 Toledo Photographers...(one of them is from Cinci - Marci - so I doubt you'd want her).

The only one I really know is Sarah J - and she is amazing, though I've never seen her take preg. photos. I'm sure she's be good though, and from what I know, her prices are VERY reasonable.