Theme Preview Rss

1 Thing I Hate About Pregnancy*

Last night, I read a book called '100 Things I Hate About Pregnancy', which was given to me by a coworker. It was a nice, light read, which I needed to counter reading about all the things that can hurt my baby, i.e., air.

A lot of the items in the book don't relate to me (yet), but one did. Big time. And that is people asking if I'd prefer a boy or a girl.

I honestly, 100 percent DO NOT have a preference. I know people tend to avoid the question by saying they want a healthy, happy baby while secretly praying for a boy or girl, but that is not me. I really just want a healthy, happy baby. Seriously.

* I feel pretty lucky that there's only been one thing so far. That might change when people start feeling my belly up in the mall.

** I realized this morning that I am a liar. There is another thing that annoys me about being pregnant: I hate that they measure pregnancy in weeks. I always have to do the math - 18 weeks equals 4 and a half months!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I totally agree! Especially after having Julia, people really thought that I wanted a boy (to complete the set as they said). I didn't! I just wanted my baby to be healthy. And all the people who told me that I must want a boy had me wondering if I was nuts and if I secretly didn't really want a boy. I think I got my answer when they said that the baby was a girl and I wasn't in least bit disappointed. I mean, look at Keira, I wouldn't change her! I know that Jason really wanted a boy both times, and he will again with the next one but I think we'll end up with 3 girls and I'm totally ok with that. When I say my prayers at night I pray for my kids to stay healthy, and when I was pregnant I prayed for a healthy child, not a boy or girl. And I will again, someday, maybe ;).

Traci said...

i have to admit: i wanted a girl. both times. but i would have taken a boy without complaint. and yes, a healthy baby is always first on the list of "what you want".

[my husband really wanted a boy w/ our 2nd one...but he loves his girls!].

oh and when strangers (or family members who aren't your husband) start touching your belly, if you don't go NUTS...well, you're a better woman than i am. i HATED people touching my belly. i wanted a shirt that said "Look. Don't Touch"

Angie said...

Admission number....oh, I don't know. Anyway, I would like to admit that with both pregnancies I thought we were having a girl. With the first pregnancy I was super fine and thrilled that we had a boy. He was healthy and happy. That of course, like everyone else's, was our main concern. We really didn’t have a specific preference over the other when it came to the first pregnancy; I’m not sure how anyone can. However, when I got pregnant again, the pregnancy was a little different, hence why I thought we were having a girl. Plus, I secretly did want a girl. The day we found out we were having another boy was a sad one for me. I hate to admit that, but I will say that the sadness was very brief. I was happier to hear that the baby was healthy (so far) and that everything with my pregnancy was going so well. Plus, we had a fantastic boy named picked out that I absolutely LOVED! So now, every time I think of it, I honestly hate that I was sad. I think my head knew we were having another boy, but my heart didn’t want to admit it. I think that is the best way I can say what I was going through…As I look at Hayden today, I wouldn’t change a thing. I would take another boy again in a heartbeat. He is so different from Joshua. They are complete opposites and he makes me smile just thinking of him.