Theme Preview Rss

Leg Update

Children really are resilient. And adaptable. (I don't think I used that word right, but you know what I mean.)

Within hours of wearing his long-leg cast, BB was crawling. Within a day, he was climbing stairs. And within a weekend, he was standing up. This relieved a lot of my guilt. (And made me pretty proud of my little monkey.)

Thursday we met with a pediatric orthopedic surgeon, who changed the game plan a bit. He said BB really only needed a short-leg cast (yay!), but he didn't want to put a waterproof cast on (boo!). He also wants to leave the cast on for 5 more weeks, instead of 3.

Giving a 10-month-old a bath without getting his leg wet is hard. And I was really looking forward to having his cast off by Christmas. But, with the short-leg cast, BB is back to normal. He is crawling, climbing, standing and walking along furniture like a champ.

1 comments:

Wendy said...

Peek-a-blocks!