Theme Preview Rss

BB's Tricks

I think my image of babies is entirely off-base. I had no idea how quickly they develop personalities or learn to interact with others. I also think we're going to have our hands full.

A few weeks ago, Billy taught BB how to make 'Indian' noises with his mouth. BB doesn't completely do it on his own yet, but if Billy or I put our hand to his mouth and tap, he makes noise.

He also likes to imitate us. The current hot sound is 'ah'. If we say 'ah', BB will say it. If we say 'aaaaaah', BB will say 'aaaaaah'. If we say, 'AH', BB will say 'AH'. It's hilarious and can go on indefinitely.

His last trick of the week is dropping things. The other day at lunch, he dropped his hat on the floor about a hundred times. He was having fun; I was having fun; people around us were having fun.

I can't wait to see what his newest trick is. I'm sure it'll happen any day now; he's not one to sit or stand still.

1 comments:

Shaun said...

Teach him sign language. It's amazing how crazy fast they pick it up. We bought some Baby Einstein DVD's when Adelae was about 7 mos. She could do basic signs at about 9 mos. It was so cute! Talk about hours of entertainment :)

Oh, and the dropping things is really cute for the first few days. After that, it gets kind of old. You'll be figuring out ways to strap everything to the highchair.