Theme Preview Rss

Shower Question

Now that we're down to crunch time (99 days and counting), I'm starting to think more and more about my baby shower. A lot of the details are hammered, or being hammered, out, but I am at a loss with some shower etiquette.

Three people have now asked me if I was having a boy or a girl and when I said we weren't finding out, replied, 'Then how am I supposed to know what to get you for your shower?"

One of these people is an old friend and, to be honest, I wasn't going to invite her to my shower. Probably still won't. The other two are work colleagues. I have heard rumors that my office is throwing me a shower and (how cute is this?) B.'s office is throwing him a shower, but neither of these women work in either of our departments.

I like them both, and work closely with them both, but it never crossed my mind to invite them to anything. If they get me something on their own, that's super nice of them (and not necessary at all). However, I don't want to overlook them if they really did want to be invited. Thoughts?

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I say go ahead and invite them if they expressed an interest. If they really didn't want to go they could always rsvp no. Speaking of which, while I certainly don't expect or need to be invited - I definitely want to send a gift. After having Julia and receiving all the gifts for her, it dawned on me how touched I was that our friends thought enough to send something. Then I felt like a total dope for not figuring it out sooner and not sending gifts to our friends who had babies before us. Now I make an extra effort to send a little something to each friend who is expecting. I saw your registry for the nursery decor at babies-r-us. Are you guys planning on adding to it or have you registered somewhere else too?

Shaun said...

Are you inviting other people from work? If so, invite those two ladies. They seem to want to be invited. It's amazing how many people want to come to baby showers!

Angie said...

I agree with both Kelly and Shaun....they ladies want to come. Besides, you can NEVER have too many gifts for the baby! :)

Traci said...

yep, invite them.