Theme Preview Rss

Hi, My Name Is ...

Every time I tell someone I'm pregnant, they inevitably ask two questions: when are you due and what are you naming the baby.

The first answer is easy (February 12). The second answer we're keeping to ourselves, at least for now. We think we have two solid possibilities, but things could change.

One thing that won't change is the fact that we are naming our baby. I heard recently that an Orlando couple offered to trade the right to name their baby for a gas card. (This says a whole lot about society and the state of things today.) Two deejays have offered to hand over a $100 gas card when the baby is born in December, as long as they can name the baby 'Dixon and Willoughby Partin'. The 'and' would be included in the child's first name.

Lucky for us the suggestions we have gotten -
Geoff (from Billy's brother), David (from a friend), Kelly Louise (from another friend) and Brian/Brianna (from a coworker) - aren't as bad as 'Dixon and Willoughby', but they still aren't in the running. Sorry guys.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats A and B! We couldn't be more excited for you both! I love that you started this blog...thank you! We did the exact same thing and started one back in October '05! Check it out if you'd like and when you have some free time. :) That will be hard to find once the "little one" comes along. Again, WOO-WHO! And I hope we see you around the diaper changing table someday. www.spyroufamily.blogs.com

Traci said...

oh yay! you're due on my b-day! feb. 12 is an awesome day! LOL.

Wrestling Kitties said...

I think people ask the name question for a couple reasons (whether they know it or not).

One of course, is just the fun of a new name for a new baby. It is interesting to see what people are thinking to name thier baby's. Will it be a classic name, a family name, a weird name like hopscotch.

The other is to secretly see if they are aking YOUR baby name ideas. If we have kids I have a boys name and a girls name I love! Not that it would change me from using my names but there is always that idea to be the first or only one in your group of friends who uses the name.