Theme Preview Rss

Some Random (and Long Overdue) Thoughts

Things are slowly falling into a rhythm at the Stark household. It goes a little something like this: eat, poop, sleep, repeat. Sometimes, just for fun, we mix it up: poop, sleep, eat, repeat. If only mom and dad were sleeping as much as Baby B.

Since I'm not at the top of my game (and don't expect to be for years to come), here's my best attempt at a post:
  • Having your doctor tell you to go straight to the hospital from his office is scary.
  • Having an IV sucks. Having two IVs sucks more. I'm pretty sure I'll be sporting bruises for weeks to come.
  • Having to wear a blood pressure cuff, and having your blood pressure checked every 15 minutes, sucks. So does having readings of 150+/105.
  • Being induced wasn't as big of a deal as I thought it was going to be.
  • The epidural didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would.
  • No one told me that some women feel contractions in a place that's not their abdomen.
  • The action really starts when you hit 10 centimeters, huh?
  • Having a good nurse in the delivery room is key.
  • Hearing B. say, 'It's a boy', is the single most happiest moment of my life.
  • Holding Baby B. for the first time felt surreal. I still can't believe B. and I created this little guy.
  • Those first few days at home are terrifying. Who am I kidding? They are still terrifying.
  • I wish someone had told me what to expect from my body those first few days at home.
  • Devo is getting used to his baby brother. He gets concerned when Baby B. cries. He checks on him when we do. If only he had opposable thumbs and could help with feedings ...
  • Nursing is hard.
  • I'm starting to think the lactation consultant is a little coo-coo ... although Baby B. is loving his Moby right now.
  • B. is the best dad in the world. He's as or more exhausted than I am and I wish I could do something about that.
That's all for now. Thank you all for the calls and e-mails - and for understanding why I haven't responded! For late-breaking updates, particularly those by B., check out our Twitters!

1 comments:

Wrestling Kitties said...

This post just made me smile!